Bialetti is just a simple moka pot and is brews espresso on top of a stove. But, perhaps is the hourglass shape or the cute little man **, this moka pot makes a good espresso.
I did not use the word great on her, because she produces about 1.5 to 3 atmosphere of pressure, not the best for a great espresso, but enough to get the texture, body and emulsion of an espresso.
**Do you know that the little man figure on Bialetti has a name? He is called "L'Omino" and he is "used" to make about 100 million cups of espresso daily...
To know how to make espresso with "L'Omino", you must get acquaint with her (guess have to start address "him" instead) parts. "He" has 2 chambers that is separated by a filter.
The bottom chamber is used for boiling water, the filter in the middle would hold the ground coffee and the chamber on top collects the finished espresso that this Moka pot brews.
How to use "L'Omino"
1. Begin the brewing by removing the middle filter and filling the bottom chamber with water until it reaches the safety valve.
2. After that, insert the filter, fill it with your choice of coffee ground. Try to distribute the ground uniformly on the filter.
3. Secure the pitcher like top chamber by screwing it tightly.
5. Here is what happens inside: The water would boil, produces steam and travel upwards through the ground coffee. In about 3-4 minutes, the steam soaked with coffee ground, i.e. the brewed espresso will trickled into the top chamber.
6. You will know that the espresso is almost ready when you hear gurgling sound and some coffee start to emerge from the spout.
7. When that happen, you can remove it from the stovetop, cool for a few minutes and then serve your "hand made" espresso...
Now, I can probably uses a generic term i.e. Moka pot, when highlighting how to get an espresso without machines, why did I specifically use Bialetti?
This is because, most Moka Pots cannot achieve the required pressure to extract the emulsion of oils and colloids from the coffee ground.
Only Bialetti's Brika can produces the perfect crema...
Find: Where to buy Coffee Beans in Singapore (or any where in the world)
Featured coffee brewing method: How to prepare V60 Coffee?
Previously: Making Coffee with a Coffee Sock.
Free Coffee Workshops (Multiple Dates available) on:
If you are here, you love to drink coffee. So, what would you say if you can get free coffee in the place where you spend most of the time? Or, would you be interested in getting free coffee and save enough to send you for a short holiday?
Show me how to get this free coffee...
How can coffee machine rental cost be so low or even free?
Many users vote these as the best office coffee machine.
This coffee survey show us what is the most popular coffee machine in the office.
They are the first and many users also vote them as the best office coffee service provider.
The 4 most popular Office Coffee Machines for your Pantry
OCM was started in 2007, focusing first on coffee machines, then marketing for coffee and food and beverage companies. Check out this restaurant marketing guide to learn more about the many campaigns and companies we have worked with.
OCM has also created many marketing workshops and classes for the F&B industry. Many of the modules are running in the Singapore Skillsfuture Classes in tertiary institutions such as Temasek Polytechnic Skillsfuture Academy and also ITE College East COC classes.
For the readers (coffee lovers), we continue to share coffee articles (and videos) and have also started a free coffee class section (with free online coffee training supported by coffee partners).
To connect with coffee and F&B practitioners, join our growing F&B group on Linkedin (20 000 and growing).
Key in code before check out: WCMFIRST10OFF
Choosing: Office Coffee Machine
Learn more about ESPRO UltraLight in Singapore
SkillsFuture Series: F&B Market outlook