Cona vacuum coffee maker's ancient history might prompt many to think that it is difficult to use. In fact, using this vacuum coffee machine might be simpler than some "easy to use" espresso machine!
Ever wonder why since being introduced in 1910, cona vacuum coffee maker did not change much on its brewing method (vacuum brew)?
This is because coffee that is brewed using this vacuum principle is not only brewed at the "just right" temperature, the infusion extracts only coffee oils, leaving behind any other foreign taste or bitterness.
Cona vacuum coffee maker was the original all glass coffee makers and this all glass prevents any contamination of coffee by foreign materials, another value add of using cona.
Here is how one would prepare coffee with a Cona coffee maker:
1. The very first thing is to know the parts, which is the funnel, the bottom bowl with the handler, the strainer, the stand, the lamp with lip.
2. Now, this second portion about using cona vacuum coffee machine is really personal. I was thinking if one is going to spent few hundreds on this coffee maker, then one might as well use good and freshly roasted coffee. This would really maximize the flavor that this brew can give.
How to use Kopi Sock?
Learn about the above method and more at our brewing skills workshop.
4. Take the strainer and positioned in the top funnel. Add the coffee ground into it.
5. Try not to add cold water into the cona coffee maker as it would take a real long time to get it to boil. So, add boiling water to the bottom bowl (the one with the handle).
6. Turn the top funnel into the bottom bowl with a snug twist and make sure that the seal is seated.
7. Light the spirit lamp. And as the water is already boiling, within minutes, the water will began to rise and infuse the ground coffee.
8. Allowed the coffee to be infused for about 3 minutes, then snug off the fire by placing the lip over the spirit lamp. The coffee would take 3 minutes to filter down into the bottom bowl.
9. Once the coffee is in the bottom bowl, twist off the top funnel and coffee is ready to be serve.
It does seems like many steps in using the cona vacuum coffee maker, but it is diffcult to use?
I don't think so, in terms of usage, I would deem it so much easier than most espresso machines and more fun than using drip coffee maker. And it gives great coffee too.
Looking for something on coffee makers? Click here for more information...
OCM was started in 2007, focusing first on coffee machines, then marketing for coffee and food and beverage companies. Check out this restaurant marketing guide to learn more about the many campaigns and companies we have worked with.
OCM has also created many marketing workshops and classes for the F&B industry. Many of the modules are running in the Singapore Skillsfuture Classes in tertiary institutions such as Temasek Polytechnic Skillsfuture Academy and also ITE College East COC classes.
For the readers (coffee lovers), we continue to share coffee articles (and videos) and have also started a free coffee class section (with free online coffee training supported by coffee partners).
To connect with coffee and F&B practitioners, join our growing F&B group on Linkedin (20 000 and growing).
2021 Brew Coffee Workshop with Barista Champion
2021 Latte Art Workshop with Barista Champion
Enjoy: Free Office Coffee Machine (+ enjoy $1200 vouchers)
Find: Where to buy Coffee Beans in Singapore (or any where in the world)
How coffee machine suppliers can offer low or even no payment for most of the barista coffee machine rental.
Looking for a office coffee machine with touch screen, then read more about these machines' technology.
Do you know that the first office coffee service provider is also the world's largest coffee roaster?
4 Common and Popular types of Office Coffee Machines
Featured coffee brewing method: How to prepare V60 Coffee?
Previously: Making Coffee with a Coffee Sock.
Jan 19, 21 03:33 AM
Build your ideal office coffee station - 3 things to consider before getting that office coffee machine for your pantry, coffee bar, or break room
Jan 18, 21 12:02 PM
Coffee is actually a fruit. How are they processed?
Jan 18, 21 11:50 AM
Choosing your preferred coffee.
Free Coffee Workshops (Multiple Dates available) on:
Key in code before check out: WCMFIRST10OFF
Choosing: Office Coffee Machine
Learn more about ESPRO UltraLight in Singapore
SkillsFuture Series: Augmented Reality Workshop