• Add the sugar first. Now the amount totally depends on your preference. However, Natasha’s Café recommends that you use more than one teaspoon of sugar for an 8-ounce cezve.
• Fill up the cezve with water up to point where the neck starts. Since the mixture will expand as it is heated later on, it is important not to fill up the cezve with water or else it might overflow.
• Add the fine coffee grounds. As you would notice, there is no need to use coffee filters during the preparation process. This is also what makes Turkish coffee unique.
Furthermore, it is important not to stir the mixture; that will be done in a later time. For now, let the coffee grounds float on the water.
**Note: this is one of the most important steps to make turkish coffee
What are the essential V60 Coffee Brewing Tools?
Learn about these brewing methods and more in our free coffee brewing class.
• Place the cezve on top of a heat source, like a stove. Use low to medium heat. After a few minutes, the mixture will start to foam and rise.
Foam will start to grow and surround the floating coffee. When the mixture is almost touching the top of the cezve, remove it from the heat source and let it cool down.
• Once you remove the cezve from the heat source, stir the mixture. Once the foam subsides, place the cezve on top of the heat source again.
• The foam will start to rise quickly this time. When it almost reaches the top, remove the cezve from the heat source and let the foam subside again.
• Repeat this process one or two more times. Do not stir the mixture anymore.
**Note: while this is the last steps to make turkish coffee, people usually repeat it at least twice to enjoy a more flavorful turkish coffee
Finally, you may now consume the Turkish coffee. Some love the foam on top of the coffee, while others do not. If you want to consume the foam, remove it from the coffee with a spoon and distribute it evenly among the cups that you will serve.
Then pour the coffee onto each cup. Be warned though, that since coffee filters are not used while preparing the coffee, there might be coffee grounds at the bottom of your cup.
Be sure to warn your guests as well, especially if they’re not familiar with Turkish coffee. Nevertheless, Turkish coffee is very delicious and you and your guests will surely enjoy it.
OCM was started in 2007, focusing first on coffee machines, then marketing for coffee and food and beverage companies. Check out this restaurant marketing guide to learn more about the many campaigns and companies we have worked with.
OCM has also created many marketing workshops and classes for the F&B industry. Many of the modules are running in the Singapore Skillsfuture Classes in tertiary institutions such as Temasek Polytechnic Skillsfuture Academy and also ITE College East COC classes.
For the readers (coffee lovers), we continue to share coffee articles (and videos) and have also started a free coffee class section (with free online coffee training supported by coffee partners).
To connect with coffee and F&B practitioners, join our growing F&B group on Linkedin (20 000 and growing).
2021 Brew Coffee Workshop with Barista Champion
2021 Latte Art Workshop with Barista Champion
Enjoy: Free Office Coffee Machine (+ enjoy $1200 vouchers)
Find: Where to buy Coffee Beans in Singapore (or any where in the world)
Featured coffee brewing method: How to prepare V60 Coffee?
Previously: Making Coffee with a Coffee Sock.
Free Coffee Workshops (Multiple Dates available) on:
Key in code before check out: WCMFIRST10OFF
Choosing: Office Coffee Machine
Learn more about ESPRO UltraLight in Singapore
SkillsFuture Series: F&B Market outlook