To keep your Bunn coffee maker in pristine condition, a thorough cleaning is required. Ideally, you should be cleaning your Bunn coffee maker every six months.
However, you should be cleaning your Bunn coffee maker more frequently if the water that you use for brewing has a higher mineral content.
Cleaning your Bunn coffee maker should take no more than 30 minutes. The whole bunn coffee maker cleaning process basically entails:
- A thorough cleaning of all the external Bunn coffee maker parts, namely the coffee pot, filter basket, and spray head.
- Using the deliming spring to loosen any lime deposits that have accumulated within the water tube.
- Running a brewing cycle with vinegar to remove coffee residue, lime and mineral deposits within the machine.
- Removing all traces of the vinegar within the machine by running multiple brewing cycles with water.
Learn about these at the free coffee classes (online)
To clean your Bunn coffee maker, you will need the following:
- A toothpick
- Deliming spring (a cleaning apparatus that came with your Bunn coffee maker)
- 1 quart of white vinegar
Bunn Coffee Maker Cleaning Process
1. First, unplug the unit.
2. Let’s start with the Bunn coffee pot and filter basket. Make sure to clean these thoroughly with dish soap and warm water. When you’re done, set them aside.
3. Unscrew the water spray head. Inspect the holes of the spray head. Check if there any white flakes or mineral deposits in the holes. If these are clogged, you can clear them out with a tooth pick. Rinse the spray head with warm soapy water. Once you’re done, set it aside for now.
4. Take the deliming spring that came with your Bunn coffee maker. Insert it into the water tube, which is now exposed since you removed the spray head, six or seven inches, then apply a push and pull motion about six times. This will loosen any lime deposits that have accumulated within the water tube. If you can’t find the deliming spring that came with your Bunn coffee maker, a stiff pipe cleaner will do.
5. After that, replace the water spray head, filter basket, and coffee pot. Plug the unit back in.
6. Pour a quart of white vinegar into the water tank and do a brewing cycle with the vinegar. The purpose of this is to run the vinegar through the machine. Basically, the vinegar acts like a coffee maker cleaner, which is basically an acidic solution that removes any coffee residue and lime deposits that have accumulated within the machine
7. Once the brewing cycle is finished, pour out all the vinegar from the coffee pot. Return the coffee pot to the machine.
8. Now it’s time to remove traces of vinegar within the machine. Fill up the water tank with water and do a brewing cycle. Pour out all the water from the coffee pot once the brewing cycle is finished. Repeat this step a few more times to make sure that no traces of vinegar are left within the machine.
9. Once all traces of vinegar have been removed, allow the machine to preheat the water inside the water tank for 15 minutes before you start brewing coffee again. Your Bunn coffee maker should be as good as new.
This bunn coffee maker cleaning process might be long, but it is not that complicated right?
OCM was started in 2007, focusing first on coffee machines, then marketing for coffee and food and beverage companies. Check out this restaurant marketing guide to learn more about the many campaigns and companies we have worked with.
OCM has also created many marketing workshops and classes for the F&B industry. Many of the modules are running in the Singapore Skillsfuture Classes in tertiary institutions such as Temasek Polytechnic Skillsfuture Academy and also ITE College East COC classes.
For the readers (coffee lovers), we continue to share coffee articles (and videos) and have also started a free coffee class section (with free online coffee training supported by coffee partners).
To connect with coffee and F&B practitioners, join our growing F&B group on Linkedin (20 000 and growing).
2021 Brew Coffee Workshop with Barista Champion
2021 Latte Art Workshop with Barista Champion
Enjoy: Free Office Coffee Machine (+ enjoy $1200 vouchers)
Find: Where to buy Coffee Beans in Singapore (or any where in the world)
Featured coffee brewing method: How to prepare V60 Coffee?
Previously: Making Coffee with a Coffee Sock.
Aug 03, 21 02:48 AM
Can You Use An Air Fryer To Roast Coffee Beans
Aug 03, 21 01:42 AM
Augmented reality advertising questions in Singapore ppl asked: What is AR | How AR works | Advantages and disadvantages of augmented reality
Aug 02, 21 07:16 AM
How Do You Make Latte Art
Free Coffee Workshops (Multiple Dates available) on:
Key in code before check out: WCMFIRST10OFF
Choosing: Office Coffee Machine
Learn more about ESPRO UltraLight in Singapore
SkillsFuture Series: F&B Market outlook