Top 10 coffee beans for 2009
If you drink coffee, you would want to drink the best, now here the best is determined by a panel of experts. The top 10 coffee beans are selected by 30 judges based on fragrance, aroma, taste, flavor, aftertaste and body.
They evaluated these coffee beans with the good old method of cupping, thoroughly evaluating the scent, the tate of each coffee sample.
So, does this means buying them would get me the best coffee? It depends, to me taste is still a personal thing, so the best here might not sit well with yout taste bud.
But, here is the selection from SCAA, Specialty Coffee Association Of America, world largest coffee trade association.
1. Colombia C.I. Virmax Colombia S.A. Los Naranjos (San Agustin, Huila)
2. Panama Hacienda La Esmeralda Boquete
3. Ethiopia Ninety Plus Coffee Yigrachaffe
4. Colombia C.I. Racafe & CIA S.C.A. Huila
5. Kenya Royal Coffee - NY Aberdare Ranges
6. Guatemala El Injerto, S.A. Highland Huehue
7. Hawaii Ka'u Farm and Ranch Company, LLCDistrict of Ka'u on the Big Island
8. Colombia C.I. Virmax Colombia S.A. La Piramide (inza Cauca)
9. El Salvador Exportadora El Volcan S.A. de C.V. Apaneca/Iiamatepec Mountain Range
10. Guatemala San Diego Buena Vista Acatenango
==================================================Message from On coffee Makers:Love coffee? Here is some more "free stuff"! Learn more with this coffee lovers ebook (is free!)Looking for coffee carafe and other coffee equipment, click on the link to search in our homepage