The Steps to Make Turkish Coffee
• Fill up the cezve with water up to point where the neck starts. Since the mixture will expand as it is heated later on, it is important not to fill up the cezve with water or else it might overflow.
• Add the fine coffee grounds. As you would notice, there is no need to use coffee filters during the preparation process. This is also what makes Turkish coffee unique.
Furthermore, it is important not to stir the mixture; that will be done in a later time. For now, let the coffee grounds float on the water.
**Note: this is one of the most important steps to make turkish coffee
Foam will start to grow and surround the floating coffee. When the mixture is almost touching the top of the cezve, remove it from the heat source and let it cool down.
• Once you remove the cezve from the heat source, stir the mixture. Once the foam subsides, place the cezve on top of the heat source again.
• The foam will start to rise quickly this time. When it almost reaches the top, remove the cezve from the heat source and let the foam subside again.
• Repeat this process one or two more times. Do not stir the mixture anymore.
**Note: while this is the last steps to make turkish coffee, people usually repeat it at least twice to enjoy a more flavorful turkish coffee
Finally, you may now consume the Turkish coffee. Some love the foam on top of the coffee, while others do not. If you want to consume the foam, remove it from the coffee with a spoon and distribute it evenly among the cups that you will serve.
Be sure to warn your guests as well, especially if they’re not familiar with Turkish coffee. Nevertheless, Turkish coffee is very delicious and you and your guests will surely enjoy it.